An ISO tank is a cylindrical pressure vessel, surrounded by a 20′ x 8′ x 8.5′ framework (the overall international standard dimensions of a container) for the transport and storage of hazardous and non-hazardous liquids in bulk.
The 20-foot ISO frame ensures that tank containers can be transported using most methods, including container ships, trucks and rail.
Since the early 1980’s the use of ISO tank containers has increased tremendously to a worldwide fleet of over 300,000 units
Compared with drums, a tank container can be up to 40% lower in cost on a door-to-door shipment.
The tank container provides a safe, reliable and cost-effective way to transport bulk liquids around the globe with the following benefits:
- Reduction in the amount of handling resulting in minimal risk of product contamination and product loss
- Secondary packaging costs eliminated (i.e. drum disposal)
- Faster transfer at ports and terminals
- Convenient storage option at destination
- The ready use of conventional container handling equipment already in place
- The stainless steel barrel can easily be cleaned and utilised for different products
Get in touch...
Please either contact your local office or fill in your details below with your enquiry and we will be in touch. Thank you.