Quality, Health, Safety, Environment & CSR
M&S Logistics Ltd promotes and maintains a commitment to quality, health and safety and environmental performance, striving towards continual improvement and sustainability. Our global network of offices are certified throughout to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001: 2015, CDI -MPC and SQAS for our European operations.
The safety of our colleagues, customers, suppliers and the public is our priority.
M&S Logistics has CDI IMPCAS in 6 different locations and on 4 separate continents. We are the only tank container operator with CDI IMPCAS approval in Africa.
ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- This standard is used to manage M&S Logistics business with regard to policies, procedures, document control and all general business requirements. Our effective application of the system enhances customer satisfaction, including processes for continual improvement and the assurance of conformity to customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- M&S Logistics have a mapped out effective environmental management system. It helps us to be more environmentally sustainable, aiming to limit our consumption and reduce waste, with our environmental impact being measured and improved.
SQAS – Safety and Quality Assessment System
- M&S Logistics European operations are a SQAS assessed Logistic Service provider, with detailed procedural systems is to evaluate the quality, safety, security and environmental performance of Logistics Service Providers and Chemical Distributors in a uniform manner by single standardised assessment (in line with CEFIC -European Chemical Council).
CDI-MPC (Tank Container Operator)
- CDI-MPC assessment addresses M&S Logistics procedures in regards to: Communications, Equipment Maintenance and Inspection, Management Policy, Operational Instructions, Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental Procedures, Security and Site Inspection. M&S Logistics are the only tank operator in Africa to be CDI assessed.
Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment including Corporate Social Responsibility (QHSSE)
It is M&S Logistics policy to aim to achieve the highest standard in respect of workplace safety, health protection, quality, protection of the environment, security, ethics and legality in everything we do. Regular review of our staff skills together with continual training development and involvement of all staff in Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (QHSSE) and social responsibility matters contributes to improvement and customer satisfaction.
M&S Logistics ISO 9001 Quality Management helps continually monitor and manage the quality of our performance across all operations. It outlines ways we achieve and benchmark consistent output by improving infrastructure, performance, work environment and the way we meet objectives.
Quantitative measurement is a critical component of our business planning allowing appropriate Key Performance Indicators to be agreed with our customers and constantly monitored, including analysis and improvement, enabling us to fulfil our policy of meeting client requirement.
Health & Safety
M&S Logistics are fully committed to conform with the health and safety measures required by law and we prioritise in providing and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions, premises, equipment and systems of work. We manage our operational activities to ensure the health and safety of our employees and any other persons, include members of the general public and customers who might be affected. Of particular importance is the control and monitoring of service providers to ensure latest procedural actions are adopted, such as Behaviour Based Safety guidelines for driving and for loading and unloading. All necessary Health and Safety regulations and subsequent amendments are included within our company practices, as are relevant requirements for the transport of dangerous goods and social responsibility.
- Also learn about our World-wide, 24, 7, 365 tank container emergency response team.
Security is another important part of our company policy ensuring operations are regularly reviewed to assess security provisions and potential vulnerabilities. A Security Plan is in place to ensure our involvement in the transport, loading and unloading of High Consequence Dangerous Goods fully complies with the required guidelines.
Environmental sustainability is paramount, which M&S Logistics aim to provide the required commitment both locally and worldwide. We also recognise our responsibility to minimise any adverse impact of our activities on the environment in which we operate, our methods are chronicled within our ISO 14001 Environmental Management system.
Corporate Social Responsibility
As a business we recognise the importance of corporate social responsibility, including social, labour, human rights, governance, ethical trading and bribery and subject this to regular review. M&S Logistics will only work with customers and suppliers who agree to and can provide evidence that they do not operate in contradiction to core ethical principles.
Get in touch...
Please either contact your local office (see below) or fill in your details below with your enquiry and we will be in touch. Thank you.